Albagaia - Advanced Oxidisation
Albagaia Advanced Oxidation specialises in the environmentally sound destruction of micro-organisms and harmful organic compounds. Albagaia holds patents for processes based on innovative photocatalytic technology. It uses chemical free, natural processes to destroy the reproductive capacity of bacteria and viruses and reduce harmful organic compounds to their harmless constituent parts. Albagaia also has experience in the use of Ozonation and other advanced oxidation technologies for similar purposes.
Standards for waste and toxic material treatment are rising, driven by tightening environmental regulations and growing public concerns. Albagaia products are designed to provide high quality outputs safely.
These can be used to treat waste or to provide contaminant free water and air meeting domestic and industrial requirements. Recently the company has developed advanced oxidation technology to recover aqueous materials from industrial waste streams.
Albagaia oxidation engages with clients in a four-stage process.
- Step 1 - An initial diagnosis. This establishes the nature of the waste stream and, if required, initial test tube trials on the application of advanced oxidation technology to the waste stream.
- Step 2 - Bench top investigations. Albagaia has developed a bench top reactor to carry out a graduated range of tests. This allows a first estimate of an economic analysis of the application of Advanced Oxidation technology to that specific waste stream and, if applicable, the possibilities of resource recovery.
- Step 3 - Pilot stage study. A specific reactor is first designed to the requirements of the waste stream identified at stage 2. The reactor is then built and operational trials carried out.
- Step 4 - Full production reactor is designed and built.
Albagaia has worked with various partners to carry out research in the following sectors:
- Safe and chemical free treatment of domestic water supplies, swimming pools and spas
- Destruction of the harmful constituents in industrial process waste e.g. active pharmaceutical ingredients
- Recovery of caustic value from phenol contaminated waste streams.
- Environmentally sensitive outfall waste treatment. e.g. ballast water and sewage.
- Decommissioning of chemical and biological weapons